Userpic

kirky
Traveller
6 comments

Posted 16 years ago

Hey guys!

Me and my friend are InterRailing this summer for a month starting on the 21st of June. We've nicknamed the trip EUR08 haha :D We're not really going to plan much but I think we've decided to stick to Eastern Europe, only going as far west as Barcelona.

Just wondered who else was going this summer! If you are then look out for a couple of haggard young English dudes :D

I can't wait!

Ryan

[b]UPDATE travel partners:[/b] [u]https://rail.cc/en/travel-partners[/u]

Follow this topic
Userpic

NillerDK
Traveller
49 comments

replied 16 years ago

Going this summer from 29th of June and 40-45 days forward.. Mostly the western part of europe, slovenia, greece as the most eastern point. Madeira as the western point, and tunesia as the southest point :)

Userpic

kirky
Traveller
6 comments

replied 16 years ago

Cool, how many of you are going?

[quote]Going this summer from 29th of June and 40-45 days forward.. Mostly the western part of europe, slovenia, greece as the most eastern point. Madeira as the western point, and tunesia as the southest point :) [/quote]

Userpic

NillerDK
Traveller
49 comments

replied 16 years ago

[quote]Cool, how many of you are going?

[quote]Going this summer from 29th of June and 40-45 days forward.. Mostly the western part of europe, slovenia, greece as the most eastern point. Madeira as the western point, and tunesia as the southest point :) [/quote][/quote]

I'm going alone so far, but i would be surprised if i did'nt hook up with a few people here and there ;)

Userpic

Christopher
Traveller
14 comments

replied 16 years ago

Hey Kirky. I'm going this summer too!

Userpic

Miro
Traveller
65 comments

replied 16 years ago

I'll go to some countries in eastern europe, around poland, czech republic, slovakia and hungary.

Userpic

Christopher
Traveller
14 comments

replied 16 years ago

Didn't ya hear me Kirky? I said I'm goin' this summer too!

Userpic

kirky
Traveller
6 comments

replied 16 years ago

[quote]Didn't ya hear me Kirky? I said I'm goin' this summer too![/quote]

haha I'm glad i'm not going with this guy!

oh wait......

Userpic

Christopher
Traveller
14 comments

replied 16 years ago

At least you don't have to come to terms with the fact you're going to be alone, for a month, with someone who calls himself Kirky.

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 16 years ago

Kirk, isn't that the sad case loser from gilmore girls? putting a y at the end doesn't make it any better ;) then again, who am i to talk since i obviously watched the show more than once... :os

On topic: i'm going with a friend of mine from mid june (30 days onward). travelling (south-)eastern europe primarily. I might go for three weeks before that (on my own) if i can find the funds.

Gonna hit monaco too by the way, hope that pays for the rest of my trip.

Cheers (really need that beer icon peter),

AO

Userpic

kirky
Traveller
6 comments

replied 16 years ago

[quote]Kirk, isn't that the sad case loser from gilmore girls? putting a y at the end doesn't make it any better ;) then again, who am i to talk since i obviously watched the show more than once... :os

On topic: i'm going with a friend of mine from mid june (30 days onward). travelling (south-)eastern europe primarily. I might go for three weeks before that (on my own) if i can find the funds.

Gonna hit monaco too by the way, hope that pays for the rest of my trip.

Cheers (really need that beer icon peter),

AO[/quote]

haha No I call myself Kirky as an inside joke. Someone I know is a big fan of Star Trek. It's a long story. I just use it on forums.

And just for the record I have never even seen Gilmore Girls haha.

Anyway, sounds like a good plan! Hope to see some of you guys out there!

Userpic

Thomas S
Traveller
26 comments

replied 16 years ago

I'm going too. My first trip, my girlfriend and I start...this thursday! I can hardly wait.

Userpic

Christopher
Traveller
14 comments

replied 16 years ago

Oh shit you're leaving on Thursday... tomorrow... you must be psyched up man.

Userpic

Thomas S
Traveller
26 comments

replied 16 years ago

Psyched indeed. Twelve hours from now, I'll be sleeping soundly while the train rides through the empty German landscape towards Munich..

Userpic

kirky
Traveller
6 comments

replied 16 years ago

[quote]Psyched indeed. Twelve hours from now, I'll be sleeping soundly while the train rides through the empty German landscape towards Munich..[/quote]

That sounds brilliant. We're going to Transylvania, which should be.....interesting. We're also camping :o

Userpic

Thomas S
Traveller
26 comments

replied 16 years ago

Well, we've been away for two weeks now, and it's been brilliant...Florence, Rome, Northern Greece, Meteora and sitting in Athens now.

Userpic

kirky
Traveller
6 comments

replied 16 years ago

[quote]Well, we've been away for two weeks now, and it's been brilliant...Florence, Rome, Northern Greece, Meteora and sitting in Athens now.[/quote]

Excellent, are you camping or staying in Hostels?

Userpic

Matt_47
Traveller
3 comments

replied 15 years ago

We're off on the 30th july for 22 days.. starting in south france - northern/central italy - ljubljana - austria - prague - germany... cant wait ! :P

Userpic

SiDUDe
Traveller
752 comments

replied 15 years ago

Im off end of June - not all of it interrailing, but some of it we are so it still counts!

Slovenia
Croatia (Garden Festival!)
Serbia (Exit Festival!)
Bosnia
Montenegro
Albania
Macedonia
Bulgaria
Then (interrailing) back up through Austia to Munich, on to Amsterdam, and then the Eurostar home! I cant wait!

Any tips on any must sees?

Userpic

gazdemon
Traveller
2 comments

replied 15 years ago

In July I am going to: Amsterdam, Hannover, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Zagreb, Split, Ljubljana, Venice, Rome, Bern and Paris. :P

Userpic

bumchicken
Traveller
7 comments

replied 15 years ago

[quote]
On topic: i'm going with a friend of mine from mid june (30 days onward).
[/quote]

Gosh, by the end of the 30 days you'll have killed each other =P Last year I went to Slovenia with a few guy-friends and I was sick of the sight of them by the end of the fortnight!

Userpic

Anacris
Traveller
1 comments

replied 15 years ago

Next month I'll go to SLovenia in interrail..Anyone went there?