Userpic

NinaPG92
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 10 years ago

I'm going to do a month of interrail with my friend and just wanted some opinions on the best month to go. I would rather go May-June and my friend would rather April-May. will there be considerable differences in terms of prices for accommodation? and also will the weather be a much warmer / drier in May than in April? I think we will be starting in Germany and then making our way to the south & Eastern countries if that helps.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 10 years ago

Hi!

In the end it all depends a bit on luck what the wheather is like at a certain place while you are there. May can be quite rainy where I live but then again there also can be quite hot days as well.
I would go in May though; if I had to decide between April/May and May/June I would tend to the latter option - although it can get quite warm already around the Adriatic in June. I dont think that there are significant differences in accomodation prices, especially since prices are generall quite cheap in SE Europe - but as this is quite large area and I dont know your exact route this is difficult to tell. It would be best if you would just check out fares for a few places you want to go to get an impression of the price level there.

Flo 8)