Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

Posted 10 years ago

i would like to take a direct train from Budapest in Hungary to Zagreb in Croatia. I have looked in to this and the internet is telling me that the direct connection is on a high speed train. I think I've read somewhere that extra charges may apply for faster trains. Did I read that or make it up? Is my Interrail pass valid for this journey or would I have to buy an extra ticket to travel on this train?

Follow this topic
Userpic

ascraeus
Traveller
34 comments

replied 10 years ago

Direct train from zagreb to budapest is usually too crowded. therefore the same thing is probably going to happen for the budapest to zagreb route. for me, It is better for you to take your reservation at least two days ago. but if you are talking about the 13:25 to 19:46 expedition or similar ones (total of 6:30 journey time) I did not even use that one.

it is dramatically faster than the other ones, so definetly better to reserve it. About the total fare without rail pass reduction starts from 37€. I don't think that you are going to pay more than 10-15€.

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 10 years ago

You do not need a reservation for the Budapest - Zagreb train, which by the way is by no means a high speed train. :D

If you want, you can make a seat reservation at a train station for ~3/4€.

Flo 8)