Userpic

sarahdenise7
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 10 years ago

Hi Guys,

Would love to hear your advice on the best route ideas for a trip from Amsterdam-Berlin-down to the alps-Italian coast-France-back up to amsterdam

I know this may seem ambitious for 14days; we don't have set specific locations, apart from those specified so any advice/ideas on the best travel routes would be great!

We are taking a tent and plan on 50/50 camping/hostels, so not too bothered about cities.

Thank you so so much!
Sarah xx

Follow this topic
Userpic

Loiseau
Traveller
231 comments

replied 10 years ago

I don't think that this is too much for 14days.

Amsterdam-Berlin and Berlin-Zürich you can go by night train. Than you can go over famous albula and bernina-passes into italy - Milano. There must be a really good campsite in the alpes - Camping Plauns in Morteratsch.

Form Milano you go easily to nice/monaco and Menton, where is a really good campsite on the hill.

From there you can go as easily to south france - Perpignan/narbonne - where you have a good campsite as example in Leucate-LaFranqui.

From there you can get the petit-traine-jaune to LaTour-de-Carol and go on to Toulouse/Bordeaux and to Arcachon and Dune de Pyla, where you have a campsite too. Staying one night in Toulouse or Bordeaux can be a good idea too. From Archachon you get easily to Paris - maybe by night train and than back to amsterdam. if you have more traveldays you can go from Bordeaux to Hendaye/irun and than per night train to paris.

And buy your ticket here - so you can help those guys making this really good internet-device! :)

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 10 years ago

Hi.
Loiseau already explained the best option! :)
Here the link for the route trough the Alps: [u]https://rail.cc/blog/zurich-milano-albula-bernina/[/u]
Just let me know your order-ID by personal mail - then I can set your profile to PLUS. Peter :)

Userpic

sarahdenise7
Traveller
1 comments

replied 10 years ago

Hi Guys,

Thank you so much! Do you know if the Bernina Railway has to be booked in advance? It looks so beautiful!
Absolute superstars!
xxxx

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 10 years ago

Read the blog post Peter has linked aboved to find out... ;)

(No you do not need reservations if you just stick to the regular stopping trains)